Monday, November 3, 2008

1986 Topps Glossy All-Star #19 of 22


Look, I'll be the first to admit that these Topps Glossy All-Star cards aren't the most exciting in the world, but they deserve blog time as much as any other card in my collection, so they must be posted!

I promise to move through them quickly.

Here we have the 1986 Topps Glossy All-Star #19 of 22. Much like the Glossy All-Star from 1985, it comes from a set far smaller than the amount of actual All-Stars. Also like its '85 predecessor there isn't much to the back of the card, and I'm not too impressed with the front of it, either. It's hard to tell from the scan, but the photo quality of this card is quite poor, even by 1986 standards. It's dark, blurry, and uninspired. There are definitely less Mets logos than the previous Glossy All-Star shot, and I don't think Strawberry did much in this at bat, perhaps just a line drive straight to the right fielder.

However, it should be noted that in the 1985 All-Star game Strawberry went a very impressive 1 for 1 with a walk, hit-by-pitch, two runs and a stolen base. Very much deserving of the gloss.

I own three of these cards.

No comments: