Friday, November 21, 2008

Ebay thoughts



I always see these Gartlan ceramic plates available on ebay. Where did they come from? Were they sold on TV during those QVC (or whatever your home shopping channel of choice was) sports specials? Are they dishwasher safe? I'm always tempted to buy one, just for the ridiculousness factor it would add to my Strawberry collection, but thankfully I can always talk myself out it. One of these days...



I can't decide if it'd be cool to eat off one of these, or... weird.

4 comments:

paulsrandomstuff said...

You have to get it! There's nothing more perfect for a Strawberry collection than a collector's plate that features someone that sorta looks like him :)

(No, I don't know what your supposed to do with it once you get it, either.)

Laurens said...

I think it is one of those novelty 'collector's issues' companies pumped out in the 1980s to capitalize on the booming baseball memorabilia/baseball card craze.

--David said...

I agree, and for less than 10-20 bucks? Why not. :-)

thewritersjourney said...

If I could find an Eric Davis, Chris Sabo, or Mario Soto plate in a store for $10 or less, I would definitely get it. But $17 (price of auction + shipping)? That's a little steep.