Monday, March 30, 2009

1987 O-Pee-Chee #379



Got a short (but sweet?) entry for you tonight: the 1987 O-Pee-Chee "version" of the '87 Strawberry Topps card. The fronts of the two versions are identical. My only question: What does Darryl have in his back pocket?? Is it a THIRD batting glove? Did he keep the third glove in the packaging? It looks uncomfortable...

The back, in typical O-Pee-Chee fashion, features French translations of the English facts:



The only discernable difference, other than the O-Pee-Chee logos replacing the Topps logos, are the whiter card backs. Make no mistake - the card is not a glossy replica - it appears to just be slighty higher grade card stock.

I own three of these cards, no doubt acquired via ebay since I don't think I've ever lived in an area where O-Pee-Chee cards were sold.

1 comment:

David said...

This baseball card takes me back to my youth, Darryl Strawberry had everything. One of the greatest players of the 1980s. I miss him. I also miss my youth.